The loons are calling, the beer is chilling and the Muskoka chairs are waiting on the dock. It’s cottage season, and whether you plan to spend your time tanning on a floatie or exploring the wilderness, do it in style with these lakeside staples.
- Sunday Afternoons Artist Series trucker hat Replace your beat up cottage hat with this artsy model featuring an alpine scene by Carlos del Rio, strategic ventilation and stretchy snapback sizing. USD $29; sundayafternoons.com
- UE BOOM 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Bring your cottage playlist from the cabin to the boat with this 360-sound Bluetooth speaker that’s waterproof (up to 30 minutes and a depth of one-metre), shockproof and has a 15-hour battery life. $196.80; amazon.ca
- Muttonhead plaid button down Layer this 100 per cent cotton Canadian classic over a t-shirt to keep you warm during breezy days on the water. $96, muttonheadstore.com
- Pendleton “Manitobah” blanket Get cozy around the campfire with this limited-edition, wool blanket designed by Métis visual artist Christi Belcourt. $649, pendleton.ca
- Salomon OUTline Mid GTX women’s hikers These hikers are light and comfortable like your favourite sneakers, but with enough grip, stability and waterproof material to withstand even the soggiest hike. $180; salomon.com
- Hydroflask wine bottle and tumbler Wine in the woods? Yes, please. Take your pinot noir anywhere with this heavy-duty 25-ounce wine bottle and 10-ounce tumbler with TempShield insulation to keep your wine at the perfect temperature for sipping and a lifetime warranty. $53.95 (bottle); $35.95 (tumbler), mec.ca